Possible new Forums, sub-Forums to Country Lifestyle.

MattB4

You got to start with something but it might be nice to have a place for members to suggest new forums. So I thought I would make a Thread about the subject.

I would like to see a DIY forum and also one for Tech/computers. it would also be handy to have one that was for members to get help with "When things Break".

A product review section seems like a good addition also.

MattB4

Yeah the paint has not been scuffed and there's still the new car smell.

I make no claims to be a expert, but if I believe I can answer someones question I usally give it a whirl. Sometimes in the process of doing that I learn things.

How about a firearms section?
We have a small rural farm, and like most homesteaders occasionally need a firearm.
Actually, both my wife and myself pack a handgun whenever we are outside. She has pretty much taken care of all the diamondback rattlesnakes that got close to where the dogs go.
But, there is the random occurrence of a rabid animal (fox, etc) that causes the county to put out an alert.
Not to mention me with a 22 revolver loaded with shot shells taking on the rats in the feed shed.

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of a firearms section, how about something along the lines of dealing with predators?

This would cover hunting predators, trapping, effects of predators on livestock... etc.

Actually, unless the possums are in your chicken coop, they are beneficial animals.

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Could be a fishing/hunting forum would handle discussions involving firearms, pest control, and other related type things.
Firearms is a touchy subject. Another forum I run, this forum can not compete with that one, and the other forum has a firearms section.

Also, google is anti-gun, and I want to run google banners on this forum.

Yes, you are right, Kevin.
People would get carried away, as they do on "the other one". o_O
I think you've got a good thing going here.

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you are right, Kevin.
People would get carried away, as they do on "the other one". o_O
I think you've got a good thing going here.
Thank you.

I wanted to get the forum:

Established

Indexed with google

Optimized for search engines

Forum sections created

Feedback from members

All before spring gardening season kicks off. Once Feburary and especially March gets here I will be posting all kinds of content.

There will also be some add-ons installed, such as a picture gallery and some content pages that detail certain topics.