Making money in a rural area

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
One of the most difficult things about living in a rural area is finding gainful employment. Even for professionals such as nurses, and teachers this can be challenging. Even if someone is able to find gainful employment the wages are typically much lower than if the person lived in a city.

The low wages in rural areas makes it tempting to move back to an urban area. However, there are ways to make extra money in rural areas.

Some of the ways to make money online are:

• YouTube
  • Amazon
  • Stock trading
  • Ebay
  • Amazon

However, to make money online someone must first get internet access. DSL has a limited range, and some places do not even have cell phone coverage. Because of those factors, a lot of people use satellite internet.

Thankfully ATT is rolling out its fixed wireless for rural areas. This means mounting a small dish on the outside of the house, mine it mounted on a utility pole, then a cat-5 cable is ran into the house and connected to a modem. My average speed using ATT fixed wireless for rural areas is around 6 - 10 times what my DSL was.

With DSL I was limited to around 6 mbps download, and 600 kbps upload.

ATT fixed wireless for rural areas, I get around 50 mbps download, and 11 mbps upload.

If someone has a question or suggestion about making money in a rural area, please start a new thread in the How To Make Money in the Country forum section.