Garden plans for 2019?

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully I will be able to plant a nice sized garden during the spring of 2019.

• Cucumbers
  • Corn
  • Potatoes
  • Snap beans
  • Purple hull peas
  • Peppers
  • Okra - planted in the summer
  • Watermelons - I m not sure of

According to the old farmers almanac for 2019, something like February 24th and 25 will be good for below ground crops. I will try to plant my potatoes and corn during that time.

Everything else will be planted shortly after the Ides of March. I typically wait a week or so after the Ides, then plant everything else.

WestHamDan

I'm in the 6a zone so I am doing the usual Tomato, Cucumber, Squash, Pepper. I will toss some odd balls like Egg Plant in the mix as well. I also do a fall garden of Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, and Cauliflower

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the 6a zone so I am doing the usual Tomato, Cucumber, Squash, Pepper. I will toss some odd balls like Egg Plant in the mix as well. I also do a fall garden of Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, and Cauliflower
That sounds like a good plan.

When do you usually start planting in 6A?

My potatoes are going in over the next couple of weeks

Corn - End of March

Everything else - Around the start of April

WestHamDan

I do start the seeds around Easter though....only put the plants in the ground after Memorial Day. I will say mu pumpkins don't care, I get seedlings all over regardless of the weather

lilcountryjim

I moved into a apt last year.so i'll be planting in large pots this year.jalapeños in one.and tomatoes in three otherd.i need to try my hand at canning ketchup this year.